Quick Facts about Olive Oil:
- The olive tree is considered one of the oldest known cultivated trees in the world.
- The olive tree is a traditional tree crop of the Mediterranean Basin that is considered a symbol of peace and glory.
- Olive oil is one of the most widely used oils.
- In 2009, Spain, Italy, and Greece produce over 75% of the world’s olive oil.
- Olive oil is pressed and/or extracted from tree-ripened olives.
- It is graded and rated according to purity and extraction method (i.e. extra virgin, virgin, pure, olive oil, pomace, refined, etc.).
- Today the olive oil industry is very, VERY corrupt, and a lot of marketed olive oil is adulterated (think modern day mafia).
- To protect the integrity of our natural products, EB’s Naturals only uses extra virgin organic olive oil that is food grade and from the first cold pressing of the olive and is QAI Certified Organic and NOP Certified.
Skin Benefits of Olive Oil:
- Superiorly penetrates the skin
- Naturally rich in antioxidants (vitamins E, A, D, and K)
- Large portion of vitamin E helps fight against free radicals
- Acts as a humectant (helps draw moisture to skin)
- Emollient (soothes and softens skin)
- Non-Comedogenic (does not clog pores); allows skin to “breathe”
- Contains squalene (closely resembles sebum which helps regulate and protect our skin; said to help with skin cell-regeneration and oxygenation)
- Helps rejuvenate damaged skin
- Helps fight against skin disorders such as acne, psoriasis, and seborrheic eczemas (source)
- Gentle enough even for the most sensitive skin
Simply Pure is one of our gentlest soaps. Extra virgin, certified organic, olive oil is the only oil used to create this one of a kind soap. Simply Pure’s lather is truly one of a kind—thick, dense, and creamy.
Our Oats N’ Honey is handcrafted with mostly extra virgin, certified organic, olive oil. We add a hint of castor bean oil to give you a more bubbly lather and a healthy dose of local honey to help your skin hold in all that goodness.