In Part One, we talked about cold processed soap. In Part Two, we discussed why handmade from scratch with real ingredients is better than the detergent, chemical laden store-bought soap. Which is why we’ve decided soap should be the following three things:
1. Natural (All-natural is best.)
2. Chemical/Synthetic free; not a detergent
3. Cleanses & nourishes the skin
. . . . So why is natural, handmade soap more expensive than store-bought soap? Well, to be honest, it really isn’t just any one thing that makes it more expensive. We assure you though, it is worth the piece of mind to know that you are putting wholesome bath and body products on your skin; they don’t just clean your skin, they nourish it, too.
Natural, handmade soap can be more expensive, because:
- It’s made with real, whole ingredients instead of cheaper, synthetic counterparts.
- We only use high quality ingredients.
- We purchase ingredients from reputable suppliers that ethically source their product.
- We buy organic when we can.
- We scent our bath and body products with essential oils that are extracted from plants. Essential oils can offer therapeutic benefits; plus, when they are sustainably harvested it is better for the environment.
- Real, untainted olive oil is pricey, but oh so worth it. A lot of mainstream soap companies don’t even add this precious oil to their soap, because it is so expensive.
- We don’t remove the natural occurring glycerin in our soap and sell it back to you in a lotion so you can moisturize your skin. Our goal is to help your skin retain its moisture from the beginning.
- Each batch of soap is carefully handmade in small batches. It’s about quality, not quantity.
When it comes to soap, know what you are buying. Look at the ingredients. Don’t be afraid to check out the company. After all, you just might get a little intimate with your purchases.